Morse Code 1.4

 Minasan, kon'nichiwa

    This week, I've have learned a valuable lesson.  With the three day week and no Genius Hour, I was thrilled to not have to practice my Morse code over my breakfast.  I enjoyed my usual raisin bran, but that was short lived.  Monday morning came and I sat down, ready to eat and practice my Morse code.  The problem was I had forgotten some of the letters.  I sat there, staring blankly at my flash cards thinking, "I know these." I learned skipping weeks is a bad idea.  Will I skip a week again if the opportunity presents itself? Heck yeah. Will I regret it later?  Of course.  This was a lesson learned but not utilized.  

    This week I've been practicing naming the letter of each dot-dash combination and vice versa.  I plan to try and have the alphabet memorized by the end of the week.  I will fight my brain, that doesn't want to practice less than five minutes after waking up, and practice everyday.  The flash cards have done wonders as they don't result in a headache like the app, MorseMania, does and doesn't completely take my attention away from my raisin bran.  This is all for this week.

    Sayōnara,

                    - Cade-san

Comments

  1. I totally agree that skipping weeks when learning new forms of language is pretty damaging. I realized that too with ASL. Although Morse code sounds like something my brain wouldn’t understand or process. -Rachel B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment