Morse Code 1.2

    Howdy Partner.

   I have continued to practice my Morse code.  During my morning bowl of raisin bran, I use my MorseMania app to practice while I'm munching away before school.  However, I've discovered that trying to learn audibly and written at the same time has proven very challenging.  My attempt to practice have resulted in me exclaiming expressions like "How is that an R?" or "What do you mean there were two dots!"  This issue has caused me to get a headache after ten minutes, and the trouble will only increase as the app introduces letters with four segments.

    The dots and dashes are difficult to discern from each other and it is troubling to think "Was there one or two dots."  To handle this situation I've have changed up my practice methods.  I will not try to learn both the written and audible at the same time.  I will study the written version of the code until I have the complete alphabet memorized.  Only then will I try to learn audibly.  With a understanding of what each letter should sound like would be easier than silently weeping over my raisin bran.  That is all for this week.

    So long,

    -Cade

Comments

  1. In general is audio or written is easier to learn ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morse code definitely seems like a challenging subject! I think splitting up the written and audible versions will help you in the long run. Is MorseMania the only source you’ll be using? I know my grandparents had charts for awhile, but I’m sure that will rely on preference. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Justin! This is very cool, but how can you tell what each letter is with each dot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 years down the road at a family barbeque, someone will bring up morse code, and you will whip out your knowledge of the dots and dashes and blow everyone's minds. This knowledge will be critical at moments like those, so keep up the hard work! I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment