Morse Code 1.1

     For my genius hour, I have decided to learn Morse code.  Morse code, for those who don't know, is language that uses a series of dots and dashes to represent letters or numbers.  Morse code is written as dots and dashes while audibly it is beeps of two different duration.

    I started by writing down a chart I found on the Internet.  After that, I began using an app called MorseMania.  MorseMania teaches Morse code through levels that add two letters each level.  I am able to learn the written language quickly.  The issue I've run into is the speed of the beeps.  The dots are almost instant and the dashes sound like what dots should.  It is difficult to discern the difference of the dots and dashes when all played together.

    The written language I have learned through the beeps only consists of only half the alphabet and numbers.  The current letters I have learned are: A, D, E, I, K, M, N, O, R, S, T, and U.  I learned the digits on my own.

    I'm going to continue my practice every morning until I learn or I am driven insane by that constant high pitch beeps.

Comments

Post a Comment